Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I have been spotting/bleeding for 31 days straight. Back in

I have been spotting/bleeding for 31 days straight. Back in December my period lasted for 6 days and came back two weeks later in January. That lasted for 14 days and then came back again on the last week of January. It has been going ever since them. Currently I am not experiencing any cramps and the flow has been light until today. Its a little heavier. Any idea what is causing this?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can help you.

Are you on any medications?
Any investigations so far?
Are you under lot of stress recently?
Any other health or medical problems?
Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you on any medications? No

Any investigations so far? I went to a clinic and they suggested birth control but didn't do any examinations to see what is the cause.

Are you under lot of stress recently?

Just started a new job. It has been a little stressful

Any other health or medical problems?

Are you sexually active?

Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, there are few medical conditions which causes such irregularity with periods, The exact cause should be evaluated at the earliest.
It includes- Fibroids,Polyps, Pelvic inflammatory disease, Endometriosis,Hypothyroidism,Diabetes. Also stress can cause such symptoms. Also imbalance of hormones estrogen and progesterone can also cause such symptoms.
You will be requiring few tests- including Blood tests, Ultrasound scan, Pap test, Endometrial biopsy. I advise you to see your Gynecologist or possibly see doctor in ER and discuss above tests and get appropriate management.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.