Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Im a 38yr old women for sbout 8 weeks now Ive had a pain

I'm a 38yr old women for sbout 8 weeks now I've had a pain under my left rib that comes and goes, I've been to 2 doctors and they've said my lungs,heart is all fine and been examined which they cudnt feel anything, it doesn't keep me awake at nite its more wen I'm sitting or bending I have recently put on weight, also when the pains at its worse I have a lot of wind, any ideas woild be very helpful
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can help you.

Do you suffer from chronic cough?
Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?
Are you on any medications?
Any other health or medical problems
Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cough a little due to asthma, but apart from that no other medical issues, and yeah do feel very stressed at times, sleep is very difficult also comfort eat,and feel very anxious alot

Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Laura, this condition can be due to-Costochondritis. It is an inflammation of the cartilage joining ribs to chest bone.It is this inflammation that causes pain inside the chest wall.
Nerve can be compressed due to inflamed cartilage and thereby the pain can be felt in arm too.

To treat this condition doctor advise for medications. These are-
1.Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like- Motrin, Naproxen ,Aleve.
2.Antidepressants, specifically tricyclic antidepressants, are very helpful.
3.Muscle relaxants, are also very helpful in such cases.
Stress would worsen this condition. Practice Yoga and meditation for relaxation. Deep breathing exercises can be helpful.
Also your doctor can advise for Chest X-ray to rule out any other possibility.

Please see your doctor for clinical evaluation and get it managed.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can get them tablets at the chemist, the doctor said there was no need for a xray, if it was anything serious would be in pain all the time?

Laura, as you had already got clinical examination from doctor, and considering your symptoms i would not panic for any serious issue.
As such there would be no need for X-ray.

You can start with Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like- Motrin and Muscle relaxants, You can get these from over the counter.
If symptoms doesn't improve then Antidepressants, specifically tricyclic antidepressants may be prescribed.