Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

nutrition info

dreamed we were ordering 3 pizzas, one meat lovers, one vegetable lovers, one pepperoni and when we were talking about this, a young guest from England began talking about ''bad foods'' . He had a mental list of what foods are ''bad for you.'' I wonder where we could find the nutrition content of pizza from Pizza Hut say compared to another brand of pizza. He also says that he believes that cheese cake is ''bad for you'', full of fat, (cheese ) and high calorie. He is very thin by the way so this is not about that. I disagree totally, I do not see food as ''bad'' opposed to ''good''.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

What is your age & gender?

Do you want to know the calorie content of different pizzas?

Do you think that pizza is nutrious/healthy for you?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am 74 years old, and yes, breads, tomato sauce, cheese, vegetables all cooked together are certainly ''good for you'' but that was not really my question, I don't see any foods as being bad foods, I see them as high or low calorie, high or low fat, high nutrition or low nutrition, but not 'good' and not 'bad'. A bad food would be one that makes you sick or causes death, in my opinion. I guess over time, grease., animal fat, and salt would cause illness, or death. Ot eating a lot of large ocean fish that are full of mercury.

Dear Gina,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.

I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

On average, one slice of a 14-inch pizza has 1 ounce of cheese.

Mozzarella cheese is the most popular, with 80 calories for 1 ounce of the regular fat version. Here is the detail of calorie value of different pizzas.

A lot of your favorite breakfast cereals are high calorie foods.Most junk food will carry around 560 calories(28% DV) per 100 gram serving.

For 1 ounce, ranked from highest to lowest in calories are:

-Bacon =153 calories

-Pepperoni=138 calories

-Italian sausage = 96 calories

-Beef = 81 calories

-Ham=68 calories

-Chicken=67 calories

For more details regarding caloric value of different type of pizzas,click here:

http://www.takeafreshlook.co.uk/downloads/Nutrition-Pizzas-Per100g.pdf

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.

Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards

- Dr Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the detailed response, I also would like your reaction to people having a mind set of

BAD FOODS - GOOD FOODS.

I find that totally wrong to have this idea and that it simply does not lead to good , solid nutrition.

Dear Gina,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

I agree with you that foods should not be labeled as 'bad foods' or 'good foods'.It is better to term them as high calorie or low calorie foods or it can be called as healthy foods.

Each person is unique. But in general, foods that are high in fat, fried foods, spicy foods, alcohol, and caffeinated coffee and tea can be problematic.

Both high-fat and fried food can overwhelm the stomach, resulting in acid reflux and heartburn.

Make sensible swaps for low-cal and low-fat versions of your favorite foods.The number of calories you ingest per day should depend on your age and your activity level.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that although it is wrong to term bad or good food but usually these words are used by a layman as 'good food' for health foods and 'bad foods' for high calorie/high fat foods.

Hope this helped

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist