Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have pressure/discomfort in left pectoral muscle and shoulder,

I have pressure/discomfort in left pectoral muscle and shoulder, plus and some tingling in fingers. The pressure extends down to just above my left breast. There is also stiffness in my neck and sometimes that comes up to be a tingling in my jaw or face.

I've had repeated EKGs over the past year and a stress echo in July/August.

I can be fine for weeks or even a couple months, then it will start again.

I've had several stretches of physical therapy with some level of relief (for a time period)

Does this sound more like a muscle or nerve issue instead of a health issue?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I

Do you work on computer for long hours?
Do you have numbness in arm?
For how long you have this problem?
Does your symptoms temporary disappear with painkiller?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes about the computer! I have had this since about May/June last year -- after I was diagnosed with adult mono. Had neck stiffness and things seemed to travel from there.

Honestly, I don't take too much pain medicine because I have acid reflux and most bother that, so basically it's Tylenol.

The pain is more of a pressure/discomfort/bothersome thing than an I'm in severe, stabbing pain.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The pain is also under the left arm/armpit area.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, I also do have some numbness/tingling/pain at times in my arm.

Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, your symptoms are most likely due to pinched nerves in the neck. It can cause radiating pain/numbness in shoulder and arm. In medical terms this is called as Cervical Radiculopathy. This can occur with continuous work on computer.
Your symptoms of pressure in chest and shoulder, neck stiffness along with numbness in fingers is due to Cervical Radiculopathy.

To make a diagnose, you need to get Electromyography and nerve conduction studies test, MRI of cervical spine.

You need to apply ice packs on cervical spine for 10-15 minutes and it can be done 3-4 times a day. You should take Motrin 400mg twice a day.
You should take adequate rest, and remain away from lifting any heavy objects. You should not work on computer for more than half an hour in a single stretch.You can use Soft Collars, as it allows the muscles of the neck to rest and limit neck motion. Hot fomentation would also be helpful. You may need prescription of painkiller along with anti-inflammatory pills.

If symptoms doesn't improves, then some physicians do prescribe oral steroids in severe radiculopathy cases. A short course of oral corticosteroids may also help reduce swelling, as well as pain.
I suggest you to consult Orthopedician for management of this issue.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!

Most welcome, and Thanks for using this site.
Take care.