Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

can having laser treatment for skin improvement and then applying

can having laser treatment for skin improvement and then applying cold washcloths afterwards bring on Bells Palsy?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

No, laser treatment for skin improvement followed by applying cold washcloths will not bring on bell's palsy.

Bells palsy is a condition which causes paralysis or weakness of teh muscles on one side of eh face due to inflammation of the facial nerve. the commonest cause for this inflammation is herpes infection. But in many cases the cause is not known.

Laser treatment of the skin and cold wash clothes will not affect the nerve and cause inflammation.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.. It was a type of face peel called Fraxel and then cold wraps to cool down skin. I was wondering because I had a mini lift a year ago and I was wondering because of the nerves being affected. I am also in cold weather

You are welcome.

Fraxel face peel and most face peels or laser treatments treat only the superficial layers of the skin - the facial nerve is present deeper inside under layers of fat and muscle. So the peels would not affect it.

It is possible that you had a herpes infection or a flare up of a previous herpes infection due to the cold weather. stress also plays a part.

I hope this helps.