Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I am an active 72 year old female - the last few nights when

I am an active 72 year old female - the last few nights when I put out the light to go to sleep I see these "moving images", the best way I can describe it, on the right-hand side, if I open my eyes it goes away, making it difficult to get to sleep. I have recently had an ear infecton which cleared up with anitbotics, otherwise I don't suffer from ear problems or headaches. Can you explain this, what is causing it, and if there is anything I can do to stop it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Is there any pain in eyes?
Do you have any other known medical illness?
Is there vertigo/dizziness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No is the answer to all questions

Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described can be due to a condition called eye floaters.Eye floaters are little specks of debris floating through the vitreous fluid in the eyeball.Eye floaters most commonly occur as a result of age-related changes in the vitreous humor.

When the retina is tugged, torn or detached from the back of the eye, a flash or flicker of light commonly is noticed. A sudden onset of many eye floaters or the onset of eye floaters associated with flashing lights could signify a retinal tear that requires treatment to prevent retinal detachment.

This should be evaluated by doctor at ER.So I advice you to go to ER for the eye examination by doctor to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to come back! I have had black spots and floaters in the past, this is not the same as it is images of people, trees, etc., floating?? Is your advise still the same? Thanks for your patience.

Dear customer,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Yes,these are symptoms of eye floaters only.If you see images or if you see lines,this can be because of eye floaters.Floaters and spots typically appear when tiny pieces of the eye's gel-like vitreous break loose within the inner back portion of the eye.

So you need immediate consultation of an opthalmologist(eye doctor).Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your eye doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Dr. Charles - I'll do that - was pretty sure I needed to see either the Eye Specialists or Doctor, so will start with the Eye Specialist! Appreciate your time and help.

Regards.

Dear customer,

Thank you for these words of appreciation.

Yes,you need a consultation of an eye doctor.Floaters are often readily observed by an ophthalmologist with the use of an ophthalmoscope or slit lamp.

Like fingerprints, no two people have exactly identical patterns of eye floaters. If a person has eye floaters in both eyes, the pattern of the eye floaters in each eye will be different. In any eye that has eye floaters, that pattern of eye floaters may also change over time.

So consulting an eye doctor immediately is the best choice & best decision.

Also please do not forget to rate my answer as this is the only way by which an expert can get credit for his work.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles