Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I have very poor balance and I am wondering what kind of exerrcise

I have very poor balance and I am wondering what kind of exerrcise I can do safely.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I

Are you looking for information on balance exercises to control vertigo?
Do you have any ear disorder? For how long you have this problem?
Have you undergone any test?
Are you on any medications?Any other health or medical problems ?
Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have congenital hydrocephalus and have had several shunt revisions with more than one infecrion due to breakdown of the incision site. Each time I had an infection my symtoms got worse. I have a diagnosis of possible benign positional vertigo but have not had any testing for this. I have had this problem for about 12 yeaes
Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Benign positional vertigo causes sudden sensation of spinning, usually when moving the head. Such episodes can come, and then go and then again re-occur. It occurs when the semicircular canals in ear, become sensitive to changes in head position, and may occur when you lay on bed. Also with this change in positions such symptoms appear. And BPPV usually lasts a minute or two. It can be mild, or it can be bad enough.

To treat this condition, you can go through these exercises-
-Modified Epley's manoeuvre
-Brandt-Daroff exercises
For details, kindly go through this link-

You can safely do all these above exercises without any problem.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine) for dizziness.It is OTC drug. You may need certain specific tests like an Audiogram, ABR or auditory brain response, acoustic reflex test or tympanogram at an ENT clinic.
I would suggest you to consult ENT doctor for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.