Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

The front of my neck just under chin feels constricted when

The front of my neck just under chin feels constricted when I put my head down to read or use such as ipad a slight sore throat no problems with swallowing

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Since how long you have these symptoms?

When did your sore throat started ?

Any difficulty in breathing?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had the symptoms off and on for a while but especially the last 2 days sore throat for a long time but not all the time I do have herd and take medication.no difficulty breathing

Dear customer,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described seems most probably because of your sore throat only.Although most of sore throats are caused by viral infections.But this can also be bacterial like strep throat.It is the most common bacterial cause of sore
throat.It is caused group A Streptococcus bacteria.Strep can not be accurately diagnosed by looking at the throat alone. It requires a laboratory test.A throat swab or a rapid test is required to rule out/diagnose strep infection.

Also your GERD can be the cause of these symptoms.It is a condition in which
the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the
stomach.

You need following tests:

-Throat swab

-Rapid test for strep infection

-Gastroscopy or EGD,
-Barium meal studies & Barium follow through(BFT)

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Most probable cause can be your sore throat or GERD only.

Till then take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief.All these are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Hope this helped
Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Hi Betty,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?

Is there anything else that I can help you out?
Let me know,
Dr.Charles