A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

i am 66yrs old and have constant bleeding from my virgini

i am 66yrs old and have constant bleeding from my virginia

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

I urge you to be checked as soon as possible by your ob/gyn to rule out cancer. There are other causes of vaginal bleeding, but in a woman post-menopause, any vaginal bleeding has to be considered cancer until proven otherwise.

It may be nothing more serious than an overgrowth of the endometrium (the lining of the uterus). In this case a D & C or endometrial ablation can take care of the problem. My own mother had this at age 70. However, you do need an endometrial biopsy to make absolutely sure it isn't cancer.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For now that will be all

Thanks so much for using Just Answer. I hope you get good news from your ob'gyn.