Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

hi, i have noticed lumps that are if you put your hand on your

hi, i have noticed lumps that are if you put your hand on your groin and then run it up and round the top of your leg there about three inches up from my private parts. they feel very hard a bit like cartlidge, but my groin (not on the lumps) has been aching for about five days know and this is when i noticed them. The lumps are on both sides and are different shapes and sizes. i am male and i am concerned they might be cancerous i am 28 years old.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question , in most cases , these sudden lumps are swollen lymph nodes , nothing to be worried or concerned .

When your body is going through an underlying infectious process , your immune cells become activated and proliferate to attack the infectious microorganism so your body can get rid of it . In your groin ,there are lymph nodes formed by immune cells . These lymph nodes could enlarge and be felt under the skin ,they disappear when the infection goes away within 1-2 weeks . If the swelling does not go away after 15 days , You should consult your doctor to have a further medical evaluation.

There are some medical conditions that can produce this type of pain including : kidney or ureter stones, hernias , varicocele ( enlarged blood vessels ), prostate gland inflammation or infection, urinary tract infection, testicle inflammation, STDs , bowel or hip joint inflammation and /or testicle torsion ( in this condition ,the testicle twists around the spermatic cord ).

What you could do in the meantime is applying cold ice compresses 3 times a day on the area , taking over the counter pain medication like acetaminophen if you are not allergic to the medication , avoid intense physical activity and wear underwear inner support .

If your symptoms do not go away after few days or you experience additional symptoms like fever , burning urine, nausea , vomiting , abdominal pain , dizziness,purulent or foul urine smelly discharge or you develop penis lesions ,blisters or ulcers , You will need to consult your doctor for a further medical investigation . Your doctor will prescribe you oral antibiotics if it is necessary.

If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have noticed some dizziness it's been going on for about 6 months, I thought it was my eyes so went and got my eyes tested, I needed glasses but I still get ever do slight dizziness could it all be linked?? Thank you
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
There is not a direct relationship between the dizziness and the lumps. Your doctor should measure your blood pressure and your glucose blood levels to determine if they are within normal levels . These are the two main factors that could produce dizziness ,specially in young patients like you.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD