Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

Nurse Milli, hi, here is my new question. with all the emtional

Nurse Milli, hi, here is my new question. with all the emtional upset ive had and also weight flux, i have also notice my body, at times, seems to get weirdly bloated, like my eyelids puff, my legs get kind of jelly like, etc. I know its real, because it goes down at times, i THINK it goes when i drink lots of water, eat lots of veg and maybe when i go to the sauna and when i exercise? Have you ever heard of that.
Hi there and thanks for the request for this question.

Usually in the absence of a major medical problem like kidney disease, liver disease or heart failure, bloating or fluid retention is from the diet. Sardines you mentioned earlier are high in sodium as most foods are that are prepackaged like this.

Overall, it sounds like your diet is good and as long as you are exercising, your diet 'choices' may just need modifying. Try to cut back on the sardines, reduce or eliminate the added sea salt, try to drink 8 cups of water per day, and if you still notice the bloating or swelling, your Dr can give you a fluid-reducing pill to help.

One side note, hormones (those in HRT and birth control pills) can contribute to bloating and water weight gain. If this applies to you, you may ask your Dr if he/she can modify what you are taking so you won't have this issue.