Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

I took 60mg of clonazepam and basically felt nothing....went

I took 60mg of clonazepam and basically felt nothing....went top sleep...and wife just heard me snoring all apnea. I've previously taken 20 mg with no issue..I probably averaged 8 mg day for 3 weeks...I see addictions Dr tomorrow do I'll finally get clean....its just amazing that not only did I take 60 mg over the day went to bed at 10 pm and then write at 430 with very minimal side effects....clearly I'll never do it again as I'm going to detox but how is it possible for a 250 pound man to basically have no overdose

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Did you take 60 mg of Clonazepam in a 24 hour period or single dose (one time)?

Dr. Arun
It is possible to not have an overdose if you have taken clonazepam before- you do have some tolerance to it. As well, you are 250 pounds (as opposed to 110).
Some people also have a higher built in natural tolerance for medication than others too..

I agree with you, don't do it again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i've worked in an emergency room for four years and never seen anyone become apneic from benzos or have inadequate resps...its always when mixed with alcohol and other meds...does clonazepam have minimal effects on respiratory compared to opiates?

that is correct. I have worked in the ER for the same number of years and unless they took an entire bottle, they do not become apneic.
It is the barbitruates that do it, the opiates and the alcohol combinations.

You are correct, it has less effect on respiratory, by a long shot, than opiates
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so you mean like a couple hundred 2mg pills not what i did?

that is correct
Did I provide you with excellent service?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes but one more question what do you know about flumazenil in the rapid detox from benzos it's used at a place called the coleman institute do get patients off benzos in 9 days. it's still controversial but it is a partial antagonist and agonist so it gives a little bit of relieve while tapering as well as some scientists believe it resets the gaba A receptor back to normal

I would not use flumazenil to detox if you are currently taking benzos- because it reverses the action and can precipitate severe withdrawal. That is the current accepted practice.

please don't forget to complete the ratings.
I gave you a freebie with the flumazenil question :-)
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained