Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

the glands under my jaw line hurts I have been taking anti

the glands under my jaw line hurts I have been taking antibiotics
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Since how long you have this pain in glands?
Any history of recent infection or fever?
Have you undergone any tests?
What antibiotics have you taken?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had an infection on one of my teeth, and the dentist had to extract it, but this was couple of weeks ago, and the pain started 3 days ago. I started taking antibiotics (Cipro) 500 and i take two a day.

Dear Narbik,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.A biopsy and culture of the affected area or node may reveal the cause of the inflammation.

There is possibility that there can be relapse of the previous infection or there might be a new infection.Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) may be done.In this technique, a thin, hollow needle is inserted into the mass/lump to extract cells that will be examined under a microscope. based on this the exact diagnosis can be made.

You need following tests:

-Complete blood count(CBC)
-Fine needle aspiration cytology(FNAC)
-Antinuclear antibody tests
-Autoantibody tests
-X-ray Jaw

Although ciprofloxacin may be effective but its best to have culture & sensitivity test to know the exact causative organism & hence the most sensitive antibiotic will be prescribed accordingly.

Till than for pain relief,take tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg from the counter. It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles