Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

I have a painless sore on scrotum area, I had 2 sores but one

I have a painless sore on scrotum area, I had 2 sores but one of them when away after about 4 or 5 weeks. I had these before and at first I didn't think anything of it thinking it was a pimple. I tried popping them the first time because they looked just like a pimple but when i did pop them it would bleed, then after a few days they started looking like a pimple again and would form a white hard center that would pop out with time. If I break them open and put alcohol on them they go away in about 4 weeks. If i don't do these they are there for months. The first time I got them about 2 years ago I had sex 6-8 month before that and have not been sexually active since. Any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Did you have an STD screen done?

Any itching in the affected area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No i have not had any STD screening. No there is no itching in the area at all or pain or irritation.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

This does not sound like an STD however, any such lesion on the penis or scrotum in a sexually active male should direct an STD screen to be absolutely sure about this.

There is a likely possibility of a sebaceous cyst in your case.

A sebaceous cyst may persist for months until this opens up and releases the cheesy material in it.

This need to be excised surgically as this may get infected and can recur also if this opens up and releases its contents in the scrotal skin.

If not already, you must have this examined by your doctor discussing the details i have mentioned to chalk out further management plan.

Keep the affected area dry and clean.

Wish you good luck.
Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions or clarifications any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is Molluscum Contagiosum a possibility? Seems like a sebaceous cyst would be in the deep tissue this seems more superficial like a pimple.

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello again.

Molluscum Contagiosum is unlikely here as this commonly affects the people with Immune deficiencies like HIV.

Moreover the lesions are usually multiple and tend to spread, if left untreated or undiagnosed.

But honestly, with out a clinical examination, and at times even with out a biopsy of the lesion, a specific diagnosis can not be ascertained, that is the reason why i emphasized to have this examined soon.

Wish you good luck.
Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties