Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

hi! i m 35 y old unpregnant woman. can i lactate from my b

hi! i m 35 y old unpregnant woman. can i lactate from my breasts.

Greetings Renu.

Do you want to take some medications to start lactation?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want 2 lactate, in this regard medication should i start and also other options can u suggest me.

Hello Renu,

This needs prescription of estrogen and progesterone and later breast pumping. You would need supervision of a gynecologist or an endocrinologist. Please see the details in this authentic Mayoclinic resource;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.