Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

My husband haS ATRIAL FIBULATION AND REUMATOID ARTHRITIS. He

My husband haS ATRIAL FIBULATION AND REUMATOID ARTHRITIS. He also has balance issues, so he has to lean on the door going in and out of the house.In the last few days he has fallen on ice. In the last week his upper right arm has turned black and blue and now today there is a deep black and blue spot under his left nipple. Also the balck and blue on the left arm has moved down to his wrist. What is going on?

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

How did the black and blue color start?

Customer:

It just appeared about a week ago.

Dr. R. Bora :

Is the color is blotches?

Dr. R. Bora :

Is he diabetic?

Customer:

No, it is solid.

Dr. R. Bora :

So, did he injure the arm when he fell down?

Dr. R. Bora :

Is the colored area painful?

Customer:

Actually the first signs of black and blue were before he fell. Then he fell and there was noting for a couple of days and then today there was the black and blue under the left nipple and then the black and blue down the rest of his arm.
The other black and blue was at top of arm was seen by other midical personal who said it was because of him always leaning on the door to come inthe house or because he always sleeps on that side.

Dr. R. Bora :

Spontaneous appearance of such color is known as ecchymosis and could be due to platelet disorders. The medicines that he has been taking for rheumatoid arthritis may be responsible for it.

Customer:

He is only on remicaide.

Dr. R. Bora :

I would recommend that you get him a Total and differential blood counts done to check if he is low blood cells.

Dr. R. Bora :

Get the bleeding and clotting time checked as well.

Customer:

okay thank you

Dr. R. Bora :

You are welcome.

Dr. R. Bora :

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Dr. R. Bora :

remicade causes low platelet count which increases bleeding tendency. Check this link.

If you have any new questions for me , please request me as DR. BORA.