Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

hello dr chip i wil;l ask u a question but please dont post

Customer Question

hello dr chip i wil;l ask u a question but please dont post ur answer too soon please becaus ei have limited number of questions i can ask. well today my brother in law unecpectadly passed away. he was 39. he did have mental issies was really heavy over 300lb had blood pressure broblems, high pulse. and also he was still recuperetaing from flu. well i am now shaking , well for my husband, and how his mom will be treating me now. and also he was young a died , so ofcourse i think its about me. he did just have ekg and the doctor said it was kind of ok but his pulse was high. they said his heart stopped due to lots of things. he was also on lots of meds
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you're asking here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont even know myself. what me and my husband can do to perevet this tragedy for us. and how to deal with this how to even talk to my husn=band not sure what to i am at loss

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by preventing this tragedy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well preventing dying like this young

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You're back to your old fear here and we've talked about this over and over again. For one thing, it is a waste of time, energy, and peace of mind for you to worry about dying young. You waste the day and the energy of the day with worrying like this. The only thing you and your husband can do to try to stay healthy and not die young is eat right, exercise, have some fun, socialize with friends, have goals in life to reach for, love and tend to your children, and live life to the fullest
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we da everuthing exept eat totally healthy and exersise. and yes i torture myself with fear. but i am scared only for my self its foer my husband scared of being along, my kids my parents

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I didn't quite understand what you just said--take your time and type in again more slowly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i said we doing everything u mentioned above exept eating very healthy and exersising. and u right i do torture myself being in fear no only for my self but my husband my kids mom dad.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So basically you're afraid every one of those people will suddenly die?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but take your time answering it because it's important. So what if one or more of those people died?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well my husband is my rock , my kids r my life my mom i cant hqve a day not to talk to her. if anything happens to any of themn i will not survive and will die. i am scared to die yes but those people make me want to live a be better and healthy. thats why i have those fears of me dying suddenly for tye same reasons we have a huge bond

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why do you think you'd die if one of them died? What makes you think you're that weak?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

bacause my kids husband and mom they r part of me without them i have no reason to be here. it empty

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Haven't you know others that lost one or more loved ones that somehow kept going and didn't die?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes and i allways though how poeple can be brave

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
It's not so much being brave as being a person in and of themselves. Let me ask you this--if you'd never had your husband or your kids and your parents had died when you were very young, what would have kept you living?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well one thing never having them trhe other having them having that love that u recieve and give

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That wasn't the point I was trying to get across to you. It seems you aren't able to deal with the idea of loss, and everyone at sometime in their life experiences one or more losses--that's just life.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

for me losing its just unberable. i still cant get in my head that my grandma is not here. i guess its a little comforting to deal with somon ewho dies of old age at least u know they have lived , but if its a young [person very sudden its allways hounts u what why

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Do you realize that with all you're telling me it sounds as though you are already very lonely even with the important people around you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

u right my anxiety is completely blocked me to have an y freedom. also now i cant sleep now and so i am afraid that it will affect my life. and ofcourse i dont feel comfortable being at the house without my husband

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, I'm going to have to get to bed for now but I still think in time with the right therapist you can work through all of this. If nothing else you have to face, fight, and get past all your fears, and many of them are irrational and unnecessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello didnt sleep much . maybe about 4 hours. going to work today tomoroow leaving to ny for funeral. i will be a mess i cant bring myself to look at the coffin , my aunt will go with me vthe problem now i feel very heavy in my chest and hot. i ate a little chines and it feels like i am too full , and my chest too full and heavy

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let's stop with the worrying about your heart. As for the too full feeling, try some antacids like Mylanta
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes since this thing happens it hit very close to home so i am more worried then ever. u told over and over again thats my heart is ok and i did the ekg and my pulse was 66 and they said it was ok. but when his mom tolld me his ekg was kind of ok but pulse was bad i amm freaking out

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I'm just not going to go over all this with you again. We don't even know exactly what killed him and if it was his heart, so be it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

o my. well he did have a flu when he died so they think it contributed to already bad heart. but now i think should i have echo stress again what u think. i had them 2 years ago

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

r u still there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor can u pleas give me an answer before i leave

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You can get the echo if it will make you feel better but I'm certain it will be normal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok one more . usually the echo is done when? do u get it because u want it or when ur ekg is bad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

doctor sorry to be a pain i hgave 5 minutes before i live so please write something positive please

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
An echo is done to check out a heart murmur, an irregular heart rhythm, and sometimes because of an abnormal EKG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so if i had done 2 echoes almost 2 years ago and they said it was ok what do i do . again now have 3 minutes sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello doctor chip please give me an answer

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Getting back to you as quickly as I can here. I don't think you need another echo but if it would calm your fears, since it would be normal, then I'd go ahead and get it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello doc we just got back from funeral. it was very tough. now they said he didnt really had heart poroblems but he was really obese high bp, and the flu didnt help, so here goes my panick, my today didnt go to school he said he all ache,coughing, but no fever. in my head i think miocarditis and my husband is now not oppsed us to take him to the doctor. but i dont know what to do

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean you don't know what to do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i dont know should i take to the dr today because they calling for a lot of snow tomorrow. i want him to have ekg , i am in panick

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So he's been sick for only a day and you suddenly think he has myocarditis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes nthats my panick not only about my son its about me and my family

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But you panic like this a lot. One doesn't get myocarditis in just a day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so tell me what i have to look for in order not to panick since a tragedy like this happened and my husnad panicks too now . so do we look for in this flu season when we or kids get sick

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nothing I tell you can really keep you from panicking when one of your family gets sick. You're taking this one case where the patient wasn't too healthy to start with and had the flu and died and it may not even have been the flu that killed him. In general, flu doesn't kill healthy people.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok hello dr chip i know these two questions probably will be annoying but , u my friend i need ur help. ok my son began feeling worse yesterday ache , fever we ttok him to the doctor . so when they checked his hr it was 128, he had a fever of 101. so they gave him first motrin to put fever down then did two ekgs, they said it was good and heart rate was 98. they did cbc, and chest xray. so in conclusion ear infection and bronchitis she said the reason for high hr was fever.they gave him azythromaysin he feels better . so question one do u think they right regarding high hr.now me i again feel today short of brATH! I FEEL like someone acually holg hand on my throat. i did clean yestarday ladies house was fine so i probaly sound repetitive , but pleass advice. also i feel pain in my left shoulder blad

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's more than one question there. Yes, the fast heart rate was just from the fever. And what can I say about your shortness of breath? It isn't a heart problem or a lung problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

indidnt know ur heart can beat so fast from a fever, ok let me ask thank godnintook him to the dr and they did ekgs i cant do it everybtime so what do i do at home next time it happens how to lower the heart rate when u have abfever. thank u for telling me i just have these days where i actually feel like someone is choking me

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The rapid heart rate from a fever is really not damaging to the heart. All you need to do for a fever is to give him some Advil or Motrin or Tylenol and plenty of fluids. Now listen, we really need to close this page with a rating--it's gotten very long and I've answered multiple questions for you
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice