Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

I have had a uti for a couple of days that went away. The week

I have had a uti for a couple of days that went away. The week before I was extremely nauses and vomiting. Now I havr terrible lower back / kidney pain. It started on my right side. Now moving to both. What should I do?

Welcome and thank you for the question.

Your symptoms sound like you have an infection which is now affecting the upper urinary tract. nausea and vomiting frequently occur just before or during an active infection.

You need to consult a doctor as early as possible for a urine test as well as an ultrasound of the abdomen.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cant get in to any doctors today. They are all closed is there anything else I could do as pain killers are not effective.

I hope you have tried ibuprofen - it is availabel without a prescription. You can take 400mg tablets ( 2 200 mg tablets) thrice a day. This should be quite effective.

You can also try applying a warm pack to the back . Drinking plenty of water will also help to some extent.

If you feel no relief within 3 hours of taking the ibuprofen or the pain increases, please go to the ER.

I hope this helps.