Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

Hello. Is it possible to have fibromyalgia and NOT have Tender

Hello. Is it possible to have fibromyalgia and NOT have Tender Points?Thanks

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. It is possible to have fibromyalgia without tender points because there are atypical fibromyalgia also in which tender points may not be there. As you know this is diagnosis of exclusion so you should make sure that you had all the tests done to rule out other causes like lyme disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, thyroid problems etc. Because all other tests must be normal before one can get diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.