Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

When im home all i do is cry and sleep

When im home all i do is cry and sleep
So is that now new? And since you're going to see the new psychiatrist have you stopped seeing your therapist?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is newish. And im still going to see my therapist.
OK--need to be specific here like I said before. Is there something specific that I can help you deal with where I can write a fairly lengthy answer so it won't look like we're chatting? I noticed your other question with Dr. Phil and we can't get into a format like that--that's why he was told at one point to have you start a new page.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do i control the crying? I am fine at work.what can i do to help with the depression? At work i am swlf confident but the minute i head home everything just falls the pieces
Have you started the antidepressant? And what's going through your mind when it seems like everything is falling to pieces?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I started the antidepressant a week ago. In mind im telling myself im such a loser, im a failure, no one likes me. Im better off not being around
I'm just assuming here that you haven't done any work on the self esteem worksheet and really haven't started doing any of the things I've suggested you do so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive made a list of my positive qualities and i say them every am
Good. What about the worksheet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No i havent, sorry
Saying you're sorry doesn't get us anywhere. I told you time and again that you have to do some work here and you can't expect to magically change and get better just by hoping that will happen. And, no, I'm not angry at you--just stating facts
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But i did the other things just not the worksheet. I thought i i did that i wouldnt have to do the worksheet.
What other things besides the list?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just the list and saying it to myself
Obviously that hasn't been enough.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Obviously, I will start working on it. But what can i do in the mean time
Well, the main thing is to do something other than just sit and cry--go out, get busy doing something at least, talk to someone if you can, exercise. The idea is to keep busy and don't just sit and cry. That's about all you can do for now until you work on the worksheet and see your therapist again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont see my therapist until friday and my self injury is increasing
I really can't add anything more to what I said except call your therapist now and tell him what you've told me
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cant call him until monday
We're starting to chat now--can't go any further with this for now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it possible that the zoloft is affecting my mood
If this all started right after you started taking it, yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Omfg, my mom just texted me. Her and my father are in the hospital in kansas and my mom
Wants m to come down there. Tell me im not a bad daughter for nor going down there
What happenend?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They were in another accident They rolled their semi and hits trees and went through a fence. 'My father hit his head and my mom cracked some ribs. But according to my mom they were both admitted
How's your father?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My mom says he fine. So im guessing hes ok. But they were both admitted
So why does she want you there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She wants me there so i can give them a ride home
I see no reason why you have to do that for them--let them take a train or a bus or a plane but they're adults and should be able to fend for themselves.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So it doesnt make me a bad person
Of course not. I myself wouln't drive down there just to get them back home
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why do i feel like its my reaponsibility to take care of my parents
You have an easy time putting guilt and shame on yourself. First off, you mother should never have asked you to do this--it's unreasonable and if you do it I don't consider that taking care of them, just doing something that they can do for themselves
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But even when my dad would hurt my mom i took it upon myself to make him stop
That's different and something that did need your intervention--this situation doesn't require that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to stop feeling so responsible for them
Yes you do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You need to work on your self esteem and that will stop the incessant need you feel to give even when it's not needed or appropriate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will you help me figure out what i need to do in order to sleep through the night. Last night i woke up 6 times
You still taking the Ambien?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No i ran out a while ok
Well, no magic here. You could try Valerian or melatonin but otherwise except for no naps in the daytime there's not much else I can recommend