Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

is 120 mg of Cymbalta relly helfful for pain

Welcome and thanks for your question , yes , Cymbalta can be used to treat or manage pain specially neuropathic pain ( in which there is peripheral nerve inflammation or irritation ) , joint pain , muscle pain ,lower back pain , arthritis or fibromyalgia ( in this condition , the patient experiences generalized muscle pain ,fatigue , depression ,anxiety and/or headaches ).

The recommended dose to manage pain is 60 mg per day , doctors usually begin with a lower dose of 30 mg so your body can adjust to the medication gradually .

It could take some time until 4 weeks for your body to experience full benefits from the medication.

If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.