Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Hello, I live in the state of California and I was wondering

I live in the state of California and I was wondering if their is any health insurance that will cover even a little portion of a vasectomy reversal. I read a new article in June saying how health insurance is starting to cover vasectomy reversal but can't seem to find out which ones, if any do yet, cover a portion of it. If anyone knows any info please let me know about it! Thanks in advance.

Honestly, coverage for vasectomy reversal is very rare indeed. From a financial perspective, insurance companies have very few incentives to cover this procedure. Not only would they face the cost of the procedure (and any complications), they are also increasing the chance that they will then also be paying for a subsequent pregnancy.

This general lack of coverage is mentioned by the Urology Care Foundation

This may have been the article that you had seen suggesting that more insurance companies are providing coverage, but I honestly don't know of any (and I do work for one of the largest insurance companies in the USA)

You may want to contact the doctor who made this comment Dr. Natan Bar-Chama, at Reproductive Medicine Associates of New York. He might know of insurance companies that do offer this coverage.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a feeling that the article was just full of it. That is the article I had read and it gave me some feeling of hope. Well thank you for the response I guess I will just pay it out right in full. Thank you