Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

high white blood cells wbc 17.7 neutrophilis 10.2 lymphocytes

high white blood cells
wbc 17.7
neutrophilis 10.2
lymphocytes 6.0
monocytes 0.9
calcium 2.21
anion gap 22 mmol/L

stomach pains when i eat i have had a cat scan and a ultra sound on my stomach everythink good , chest x ray good had a bad uti three months ago with high wbc took high antibiotics for two weeks and infection when away and wbc when back to normal but have now risen to the above
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Customer:

hi

Dr Brims :

Are you on any medication?

Customer:

i was taking aspirin and ibufron at the time of blood test

Dr Brims :

And your only pain is in your abdomen?

Customer:

yes and i have had a muscle twitch in my face,arm,cheeks but over the last couple of days they have nearly gone away just one arm twitch some times

Dr Brims :

Have you had any other tests?

Customer:

yes i have had elevated crp which went up to 30 but that has gone back down this week to 18 i have had a urine test for bacteria and that come back good i have been tested for diabetes but come back clear i have had a ultra sound dome on my stomach which come back clear and a mri of my gallblader that was fine to

Dr Brims :

And you had a CT of your abdomen?

Customer:

yes all clear and i have had a camera down my mouth and up my backside about 12 months ago

Customer:

my wbc have been high for a while but i have had different infection in the past and when i have antibiotic they go back normal again

Dr Brims :

Okay, what antibiotic have you tried recently?

Customer:

i think the two i had together were called ciproxin and metronidazole that was for my uti now my doctor has put me on a different antibiotic this week

Dr Brims :

WHich one are you on now?

Customer:

i am on doxycycline noe only been on them for 2 days

Dr Brims :

Okay, you need to give it more time to work

Customer:

the cat scan come back with a fatty liver

Dr Brims :

I see, then you should stop drinking alcohol

Customer:

i dont drink

Customer:

or smoke

Dr Brims :

Okay, then you should give the antibiotics time to work

Customer:

do you think this is anythink seriously

Dr Brims :

If your WBC is still high after a week then you should try levaquin

Dr Brims :

I think it will drop with time

Customer:

what is levaquin use for

Dr Brims :

It is an antibiotic

Dr Brims :

A very good antibiotic

Customer:

what type of infection is it use for

Dr Brims :

It is useful for all types of infections, that is why I recommend it

Customer:

do you think my wbc are seriously to high i have been getting worried over leukaemia

Dr Brims :

I think this is the residual effects of an infection, not leukemia

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

is it true that with leukemia you have one main wbc thats is elevated and the rest stay normal

Dr Brims :

There are different types of leukemia, most have abnormal WBC's

Dr Brims :

Do you have anxiety disorder?

Customer:

is wbc of 17 dangersouly high and i have been under alot of stress the last couple of weeks

Dr Brims :

No, it is not dangerously high

Customer:

can stress make my wbc go up to 17 that high

Dr Brims :

Yes, that is possible

Customer:

also i have had black circles under my eyes

Dr Brims :

ok, that may be from stress

Customer:

and chest pain

Dr Brims :

Okay, then you should have an EKG

Customer:

i had a ecg and that was fine

Dr Brims :

Okay, then the next thing you need is a chest CT scan

Customer:

is that looking at my heart

Dr Brims :

No, it looks at your whole chest

Customer:

i had a chest x ray done two days ago that was fine

Dr Brims :

The test I recommended is a CT scan of your chest , not a chest x ray

Customer:

ok what do you think my symptoms are

Customer:

and what dose off levaquin should i take

Dr Brims :

You may have an infection, your symptoms don't point to anything in particular

Dr Brims :

the dose of levaquin is 750mg daily for 7 days

Customer:

do you think that will clear it up is that a good antibiotics

Dr Brims :

Yes, I think it will clear it up

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else you would like to ask on this topic?

Customer:

yes can cat scans pick up stomach ulcers

Dr Brims :

No, they rarely pick them up

Customer:

would a stomach ulcer make my wbc go up

Dr Brims :

Yes, it could

Customer:

so you recommend i get a cat scan of the chest and go levaquin

Dr Brims :

Yes, that is what I recommend

Dr Brims :

Can you please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session?

Customer:

okkkkkkkkk

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience