Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

Will I ever be able to get over domestic violence + sex ab

Will I ever be able to get over domestic violence + sex abuse
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I am very sorry to hear about the abuse you have had

Dr Brims :

I want to tell you that you will get over it, but the truth is some people do not get over it

Customer:

Thank you

Customer:

I am trying so hard at the moment as it is all in the hands of the police and the family court case is contradicting everything

Customer:

Am on tabs but am finding it all hard as he used to put me in to urine retention

Dr Brims :

Are you taking medication?

Customer:

Yes anti depressivs

Dr Brims :

Which ones?

Customer:

Also have counciling

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

Oh blow I can't spell them they begin with f

Dr Brims :

ok

Dr Brims :

How long have you been in counseling?

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Dr Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

9 mons

Dr Brims :

Are you having computer problems?

Customer:

No but had to pop up stairs

Dr Brims :

Okay

Dr Brims :

Has the counseling helped?

Customer:

Not sure if its been wise or not opening all up as have been over and over and over it with gp, rape centr and victim support

Dr Brims :

I see, unfortunately it takes time for this to help, honestly, it may take years, but you need to keep taking medication and stay with counseling

Customer:

I'm just really a ancshus spelt wrong sorry

Dr Brims :

I understand, please try to give it more time

Customer:

As have got to do an other plice vidio report next Tuesday'

Dr Brims :

I see, that may be difficult, but your medication should help

Customer:

I'm so worried about everything

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear that, you should ask your doctor to prescribe xanax for you to help when these symptoms occur

Customer:

And am so worried about goig in to retention of urine again as it hurts so much as I with held about 21/2 litres of urine inside of me

Dr Brims :

That needs to be addressed by your urologist or urogynecologist, they can help

Customer:

That's two and a half litres

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

I feel bad now because I never to, d anyone as I was so frightend as he was a hospital manager

Dr Brims :

I see

Customer:

He threatened me with social survives

Dr Brims :

That is unfortunate

Customer:

He said people would just think your mad and laugh at you then whilst I was in hospital he would go around friends saying I was going mad as there was nothing wrong with me

Dr Brims :

Well the good thing is you know you are not mad

Dr Brims :

What other questions can I help you answer on this condition?

Customer:

I know but it still doesn't help thing's now :(

Dr Brims :

I understand

Customer:

In old age is the bladder likely to go the other way after going in to retention so many times

Dr Brims :

it usually goes the other way as you age

Customer:

But does it tend to get weeker than normally

Dr Brims :

The bladder may become weaker and leads to incontinence with age rather than causing retention

Customer:

That's what I'm worrying about as he used to jam bottles and things inside of me inbetween really rlugh sex

Dr Brims :

It is impossible to predict if it will occur, for now it is best not to think about it

Customer:

I don't usually but just feeling extra worried as he is going to be re bailed next wednesday

Dr Brims :

I am sorry to hear that

Dr Brims :

Is there anything else I can help you answer on this topic?

Customer:

I'm woundering if bail conditions change its an indication on how all investigations are going

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry, I cannot answer that, I am a doctor, only a lawyer or law enforcement officer can answer that

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

I know but was explaining why I was feeling the way I do

Dr Brims :

Okay, I understand

Dr Brims :

Is there another question I can help you answer on this subject?

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience