Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I am 20 yr old male and had a problem with frequent urination

I am 20 yr old male and had a problem with frequent urination and the feeling that I couldnt expell all the liquid. I went to an urgent care and they said I didnt have a bladder infection and that I may have been dehydrated. that was 2 days ago and thou I am hydrating I am andnot urinating as often. however I still feel like I need to go especially when i lie down. it feels like pressure or just a feel like i need to go. is this normal or should i see another doctoe
Hi--when you do feel the urge to urinate at these times, if you do, how much urine is expelled?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have normal amt urination before going to bed.when i have this feeling lying down, i have very little to expell.

OK. This sounds like a prostate problem and you may have a prostate infection that wasn't discovered with the other doctor. You need a prostate digital (finger in the rectum) exam and a culture of any urethral liquid that is produced from that. If that's the case, antibiotics like Cipro or Septra DS will clear this up