Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I had a follow up ct after finding enlarged lymph nodes. The

I had a follow up ct after finding enlarged lymph nodes. The report says there has been no interval change. Does that mean they're no longer enlarged or just that they haven't changed in size since the last ct?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : All that you can really be comfortable in saying from the phrasing would be that there has been no enlargement of the lymph nodes . It tends to imply that there is not improvement either but it would be helpful to have the radiologist comment specifically on the lymph nodes in question on the second CT.
Anthony Bray MD : Your doctor may wish to call the radiologist or perhaps review the actual films to evaluate the enlarged lymph nodes specifically.
Anthony Bray MD : Another follow up in time would be a likely approach to this problem.

What could be causing the enlargement? I've tried to ask and get vague answers for the possibilities or what they're going to try and rule out

Anthony Bray MD : Consultation with a pull monologist might be considered.
Anthony Bray MD : The enlarged lymph nodes are likely due to response to some lower respiratory infection but other concerns may include sarcoidosis and lymphoma.
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have further questions then let me know and I will get back with you!

I know they did the follow up a month out to rule out infection as a possibility as I did have bronchitis. Is it possible for the lymph nodes to remain enlarged a month after the infection has resolved?

Anthony Bray MD : If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be very much appreciated. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD