Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I had a hirrible MRSA neck abcess in November. I was in the

I had a hirrible MRSA neck abcess in November. I was in the hospital for 5 days and was on vancomacyn on IV for 2 weeks at home. ^ weeks later I came down with mild diverticulosis after rectal bleeding. I have had extensive blood work and a chest xray which were all clean.

I smoked form ages 16-30 and then marijuan about once a day for the next 5 years. I am paranoid about lung ca even though all tests including colonsocopy say other wise. Shuld I demand a CT scan? My GP said that my full scale blood work showed no organ issue.
Have you had a chest x-ray lately?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes in novemember when the hospital for the mrsa abscess, alos had a neck ct scan.

OK--just one other question--your concern about lung cancer is just from your history of smoking and nothing more?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have no symptoms...although now with my anxiety I have a dull ache in my side, but I think that is from my diverticulosis. I had a little cough but figured it was from the marijuana.

OK--while a chest x-ray can detect lung cancer, a PET ct scan is more precise especially for very small tumors. It's very unlikely you have lung cancer but I would order the PET scan to make sure.