Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

41 year old female, partial hysterectomy 3 years ago, surgery

41 year old female, partial hysterectomy 3 years ago, surgery to remove adhesions in abdomen 2 month ago. I (suddenly) this morning started having intermitent pain about 1 inch away from my right hip bone. It is sharp and searing for about 45 seconds then goes away for about 1 1/2 minutes and then happens again. Not hungry but ate some crackers anyway with water and then the pain got worse. Feeling nausea and kind of light headed when the pain hits. Normal BMs with not medication.
Really tired of having to go to the Dr. Don't want to be tagged as hypochondriac, but want it to stop. Any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any fever?

Customer:

no

Dr. P. Jyoti :

there are a number of possibilities to this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

such spasmodic pain after a surgery requires mendical checkup

Dr. P. Jyoti :

it could be a number of conditions like infection, fluid pockets in the peritoenum, appendicitis, ureteric stone, bladder stone, etc

Customer:

well i didn't go to my check up after the lapo surgery. my incisions were good.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

i would definitely go to the doctor now

Dr. P. Jyoti :

get the earliest appointment possible

Dr. P. Jyoti :

if symptoms are severe then go to the ER

Customer:

my adhesions did not hurt but it was when the wrapped around the instestine that was the pain

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask for an ultrasound of the abdomen

Dr. P. Jyoti :

yes, thats right .. its when they cause constriction that there is pain

Customer:

ok. thanks

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this may be reformed adhesions, but other possibilities are likely

Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to hel[

Dr. P. Jyoti :

wish you good health and a quick recovery

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

We can always continue the conversation even after you have given a positive rating, and you can ask again on this thread later also.
Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Customer:

thank you have a good weekend.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.