Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I think this is a groin pull? when i walk, I feel a pain in

I think this is a groin pull? when i walk, I feel a pain in my groin - just on my right side. The pain is not on my right thigh but up inside my crotch area(I am a female) I run a lot.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Does this settle with rest?

Any swelling in the groin?

Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it does not bother me when I am sitting down..only when I stand up, put pressure on my leg (to walk) does the pain come about. It is up in my groin area- no back pain, no thigh pain...just up inside near my vagina- just on my right side too. I put ice on it yesterday- took advil yesterday and today...no swelling. I tried to massage it but it doesn't hurt when I massage it- only when I stand to walk..

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

Yes this can be a groin muscle pull, and this may take some time to settle.

Muscle relaxants in addition to Advil will be of great help here.

Tizanidine, Cyclobenzaprine, or Orphenadrine are of great help and relax the pulled up muscle.

Additionally, there is possibility of a hernia, but in the absence of a swelling this seems unlikely.

Gentle stretching of the muscles.

Heat application.

And rest.

All will help.

If this persist, does not improve or gets worse, have this examined by your doctor.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions or clarifications any time.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can I buy Tizanidine, Cyclobenzaprine, or Orphenadrine over the counter?

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

No, these are controlled and prescription medications.

In some countries other than USA, these are available over the counter.

Heating pad application is something which can calm down your muscle, and relax it.

Massage will also help a lot.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties