Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

My temperature stays around 97.2 degrees f, sometimes a little

Customer Question

My temperature stays around 97.2 degrees f, sometimes a little lower. Have read is normal for a person with rh neg blood, which I have. Is this true? I actually feel flu like symptoms when it is at 98.6 degrees. Is this a known thing? I have recorded my temp when I start feeling that way. Is always at 98.6 or a little above. Should I bring this up with a doctor or will I seem ridiculous?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 3 years ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. Would you like to chat on this? Scroll down in this window if you do not see your message. Please type your message in the box below and press enter or reply to chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

97.2 is perfectly normal.

I am assuming its underarm temperature.

Range is from 97 to 98.5 degree farenheit.

Still, you should mention this to your doctor at your next meeting. Tests like Thryoid hormone and for diabetes can be done just as a routine measure.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.