Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

Good Morning, My 14 year old daughter has been vomiting every

Good Morning, My 14 year old daughter has been vomiting every 15 minutes for the last 7 hours. I'm concerned about dehydration. She continues to sip the water, but vomits each time she drinks. Is there anything I can do for her at home to stop the vomiting?

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

Ideally she should be taken to ER for intravenous rehydration, and iv drugs to bring this under control.

At home, following measures will help.

Dramamine available over the counter to control nausea.

Ginger water.

Small frequent sips of liquids instead of whole glass full at one time.

And observe her. If she becomes dehydrated, drowsy, lethargic or weak, go to ER.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions or clarifications any time.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.