Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

Can any one tell me what this blood test means Ife And Pe,

Can any one tell me what this blood test means

Ife And Pe, Serum

Test Low Normal High Reference Range Units
Immunoglobulin M, Qn, Serum 660 40-230 mg/dL
Immunoglobulin G, Qn, Serum 691 (NNN) NNN-NNNNmg/dL
Immunoglobulin A, Qn, Serum 93 91-414 mg/dL
A/G Ratio 1.2 0.7-2.0 1
Gamma Globulin 1.1 0.5-1.6 g/dL
Alpha-2-Globulin 0.8 0.4-1.2 g/dL
Beta Globulin 1.0 0.6-1.3 g/dL
Alpha-1-Globulin 0.2 0.1-0.4 g/dL
Immunofixation Result, Serum An apparent polyclonal gammopathy: IgM. Kappa and lambda typing appear increased.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : The results are measuring the amounts of the different major types of antibodies.
Anthony Bray MD : IgM is an antibody type that rises quickly in an acute(short term) infection. This type of antibody was high in your test.
Anthony Bray MD : The IgG subtype which is the main long term subtype involved in long term immunity was slightly low on your results.
Anthony Bray MD : The IgA subtype was within normal limits. This subtype is involved in protection of respiratory and GI surfaces.
Anthony Bray MD : So you had increased IgM antibodies but these being POLYCLONAL is better than monoclonal in that this is not so suspicious of any malignant type process( leukemia or lymphoma).
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information helps. If you have further questions then let me know and I will get back with you. If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD