Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have multiple cysts that form on both my sides below my armpits.

I have multiple cysts that form on both my sides below my armpits. They come and go on a regular basis. Sometimes I pop them myself, sometimes they just go away but they always come back at the same places. Is this common?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. Would you like to chat on this? Scroll down in this window if you do not see your message. Please type your message in the box below and press enter or reply to chat. g.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

I was trying to chat with you on this.

Are these cysts painful or tender?

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They can be painful, but not always, and if they do become painful, it's only for a few days, I haven't seen a doctor

Two main conditions would cause this.

Recurrent staph infection is the first suspect. Antibiotic ointments are usually sufficient for this.

The other possibility is a condition called Hidradenitis suppuritiva. A more chronic condition also requiring antibiotics but for longer term - read up here.

I would see a doctor for this. Home treatment alone is not sufficient. Ask about these two conditions. Staph is more likely.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.