Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have been sick for 4 days. I have now developed head and

I have been sick for 4 days. I have now developed head and chest congestion with cough. The mucus is clear, sometimes opaque and my eyes hurt like I have a fever, but no fever.
Should I see a doctor?

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : Yes I think it would be best for you to go to your doctor.
Anthony Bray MD : It would be helpful to your doctor to examine you and listen to your lungs.
Customer:

Even though the mucus is clear? What would a doctor do for me

Anthony Bray MD : Your infection may be viral or bacterial. Your history alone does not distinguish between the two.
Anthony Bray MD : Does the cough keep you up at night?
Customer:

no

Anthony Bray MD : I'm sorry that you feel that I m giving you bad service. I was just barely started in my reply . I will opt out and perhaps another professional may be able to be of further help to you.
Customer:

It showed that you were typing and then that you had disconnected without a response and for that reason I gave you a bad service rating.

You have the symptoms of a early viral upper respiratory tract infection.Ideally you need to see your doctor so that he may assess you and treat you.The viral URI would be accompanied initially by malaise,feeling sick ,mild body ache and nasal congestion.The infection seems to have spread to the lungs leading to chest congestion.If the symptoms persist or become worse,the mucus discharge changes colour because of bacterial secondary infection ,you will need to see your PCP/physician for a course of antibiotics.You may use Tylenol for fever and bodyache ,steam inhalations will help and OTC decongestant nasal drops like Afrin may help clear a blocked nose if used sparingly for a couple of days.Use beyond that will result in increased congestion due to a rebound effect.If you are not better soon,please consult your doctor immediately.
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice