Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

does anyone in NY or PA do biotic thyroid surgery

does anyone in NY or PA do biotic thyroid surgery it is where they go through armpit rather than neck

YES - University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) has one of the largest robotic surgery programs.
http://www.pennmedicine.org/robotics/best-of-the-best.html

Jason G. Newman, MD
Performs robotic-assisted thyroid removal surgery, accessing the thyroid from under the arm, avoiding neck scarring.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could you give me a contact phone number? his name isXXXXX right? University of philadelphia

I will be very happy if I find they would do this.

do you know what the criteria is for them to accept me? Is there something that specificaly would have them not qualify me? Any specific health problems that would be against me?

thank you and hope it can work out!

I'm sorry - The link included that contact information (it may not have worked for you) http://www.pennmedicine.org/wagform/MainPage.aspx?config=provider&P=PP&ID=9701

I don't know about their practice policies regarding this surgery. Your best option is to contact the office directly. I do know that obesity makes this approach more difficult.
Please let me know if I can of any further help.