Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

IS IT TRUE THAT IT IS BETTER TO SKIP MEALS TO BURN UP EXTRA

IS IT TRUE THAT IT IS BETTER TO SKIP
MEALS TO BURN UP EXTRA FAT AND POSSIBLY
JUST EAT ONE LARGE MEAL FOR THE DAY, especially
IF YOU AREN'T EVEN FEELING HUNGRY.

I thought the body needs to have food during the day to
keep all systems working and level and that one large
meal is extremely hard on the heart and of course would
be very detrimental to blood sugar control even if you are
not diabetic.

Welcome and thanks for your question ,it is not recommendable to eat only one big meal per day .

It is recommended that you eat 3 main meals and 2-3 small snacks per day . Your body and your digestive system can only process certain amount of food and calories at once , as consequence , what your body would do is store the portion it can not process .

The other negative effect of one large meal per day is that your body reacts slowing down your metabolism , at the end , this could make you gain extra pounds . Eating more meals per day will increase your metabolic rate and that could help you to lose weight . However , these meals have to be healthy and not full of calories .

You basically need to distribute the calories you need to consume per day in those 3 meals and 2 or 3 snacks . On the other side , if the person eats only one meal per day, the body will not be able to maintain regular glucose blood levels which could be very detrimental and dangerous specially in diabetic patients .

You will feel much better , more energetic , with regular glucose blood levels and a faster metabolism if you eat more meals than only one big large meal per day.

If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.