Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am a male with homosexual thougts does that mean that I am

I am a male with homosexual thougts does that mean that I am a homosexual
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Just having thoughts doesn't make you homosexual. You may just be bi-curious or just free/open with your thoughts about sex in general (if your thoughts are about having sexual relations with another man). If you begin choosing dates of the same sex over the opposite sex and no longer find the opposite sex attractive and you begin having relationships (sexual and/or emotional) with the same sex, then at that point you would be considered homosexual. But just having thoughts or being curious does not make you gay or homosexual.

Reply back if I can help further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why does the dictionary and other sources say that when you are homosexual you have homosexual thoughts

I can't really answer why the dictionary or other resources say this. By definition - (from the American Psychological Association), homosexuality is your sexual orientation. If you had rather be with a man, and you have relations with other men, then it would be considered as such. Again, it is all in what you prefer. But just sitting around randomly thinking about what it would be like to have sex with another man doesn't automatically make you gay. I thought you meant you just had a passing thought or two about homosexuality. Now, if you are constantly thinking about having sexual relations with men and that is what you want, then that is a different situation. I thought you meant you have just had passing thoughts about fantasies with other men. You may have no desire for the opposite sex and strongly desire men - in this case, you could consider yourself homosexual...some people do this for years before they 'come out' and let it be known. Are the thoughts serious thoughts -as in, a way of life, or just a curious type of thing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only think about men sexually and not women. If I am gay what would be the healthy thing to do about it

I see what you mean now. In this case, I would say you are probably homosexual. If you want to pursue your orientation, then try dating someone of the same sex and see if it feels more natural. See if you enjoy it and if it's fulfilling. Some people go for years and know they are gay but don't really act upon it until later in life. They are afraid of the stigma that might go along with it or for fear of what their families might say etc...in this case, where you ONLY think of other men sexually and it's not just a passing thought, I would say that you are most likely homosexual indeed. As far as being healthy is concerned, always use a condom for protection during sex and avoid multiple partners as this increases your risk not only for STD's but also HIV.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.