Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I am currently using Simvastatin 20mg once daily every evening.

I am currently using Simvastatin 20mg once daily every evening. My Primary Physician has noted a pattern of escalating triglcerides over a period of 8 months. This elevation is not explained through changes in diet or physical exercise. My PP has changed the Simvastatin 20 mg to Gemfibrozil 600mg twice daily. What period of time should I wait between the last Simvastatin dose and the first dose of Gemfibrozil?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

If you take the Simvastatin every evening, then instead of taking the Simvastatin as you normally would today, replace it with the Lopid (Gemfibrozil). There really doesn't have to be a 'time span' of clearance, just start the Gemfibrozil today (this evening) and then resume the twice a day regimen tomorrow.

Reply back if I can help further...