Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

woke up spinning and with nausea. couldnt walk straight leaning

woke up spinning and with nausea. couldn't walk straight leaning left catching my balance. I have Tinnitis and it seems very loud this AM
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Sounds like you may have what is called Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (although when you are having an episode it probably doesn't seem benign). Tinnitis can go along with this as well. I would tell you to try something like Meclizine (sold over the counter) but that might mask symptoms that need investigating.

I also would like to mention that if this has never happened to you before and you have never been diagnosed with any type of condition like the BPPV, I do have to mention the possibility of the cause being high blood pressure or even a partially blocked artery in your neck (carotid artery). A block or partially blocked carotid artery can cause tinnitis and dizziness.

Again, if you have never been diagnosed with anything related to the ears, I would make a trip to the Dr today and make sure the Dr sees you and rules out the blockage.

Reply back if I can help further.