Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS
8413180

i am starting valdoxan tonight, i usually take my lexapro,

i am starting valdoxan tonight, i usually take my lexapro, 10mg, in the evening. used to take cymbalta in the morning, but have stopped that now for 4 days. should i take the valdoxan and lexapro together, or leave my lexapro for the morning? doc wants me to keep up with lexapro until we see if i can tolerate valdoxan. thank you, susan.
Thank you for writing to JustAnswer with your concern.

Valdoxan works on different neurotransmitters(noradrenaline and dopamine) than Lexapro (Seretonin), so you would be safe taking them together. Of course you could take them at different times as well, but if you are taking the Lexapro at night because it makes you a bit drowsy, then it would be best to continue taking it at night.

Let me know if you still have any questions about this. I'll be glad to help you with your question until you fill it is answered satisfactorily.

Thank you.