Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have been researching a lot about herpes because i think

I have been researching a lot about herpes because i think i contracted it (going to the doc tomorrow to get tested), i came across a study online that claimed a french group of doctors performed a study on the efficacy of the varicella vaccine (HSV3 vaccine) against HSV1/2 as a therapeutic treatment, in their study they claimed that all 24 patients who received the hsv3 vaccine showed complete remission of their hsv1/2 symptoms, then i found an online forum/community of herpes sufferers who tried this method, a bunch of them got the hsv3 vaccine, very few of them reported the same claims as in the french study. My question is, do you think this could be a hoaxed study? The link to to the study is provided below, at the bottom of the page is a PDF button that will open the full study report, please review it and let me know if you think this study was legitimate or if it could be some kind of hoax, thanks.

Study: http://www.dovepress.com/efficacy-of-the-anti-vzv-anti-hsv3-vaccine-in-hsv1-and-hsv2-recurrent--peer-reviewed-article-OAJCT

Hello and welcome Rick,

This study is a genuine study. All the doctors and institute attached to the study are one of the best institute in Europe and are credited with many pioneer study. Since the study has a small number of patients; this would be considered as an initial study. The results of this study has to be substantiated by the large randomized double blind controlled study to be applied for the general population.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the study they gave the vaccine intradermally, but the Varicella vaccine in america is administered subcutaneously, do you think this method of delivery could make a difference on the effectiveness of the treatment for hsv1/2?

Hello Rick,

Both the methods of delivery will have same results as they stimulate the antibodies in same way.

It is privilege assisting you.