Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

i believe but am not sure that for 5 years i have had hsv1

i believe but am not sure that for 5 years i have had hsv1 on my penis, i had oral sex performed on me by a woman and days later developed small raised bumps, after that first episode i never got any more visual signs but felt tingling in the spot every couple of months or so, about a year after this happened i got tested for herpes and it came back negative so i figured it must have been something else. Recently though i accidentally transferred fluid from my penis to my mouth area (long story on that) and within 24 hours my lips and mouth area were breaking out in tiny pimple-like lesions, now i know you're going to tell me to see a doctor and get swabbed/blood tested etc... which i am going to do, but i just want your honest opinion, do you think i could have transferred hsv1 from gentials to mouth...i have read that once you have hsv1 on one place on your body it can't be re-infected to another spot?

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Is your lesion on mouth painful or painless?

Is there any itching?

Are the blisters look like fluid filled?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They are somewhat painful, yes they are fluid filled, no not itchy.

Dear Rick,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I've taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Yes,it is possible that you have transfered genital herpes from your penis to your lips and mouth area.Generally, a person can only get HSV-2 infection during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection.Any type of skin-to-skin contact, however, is capable of spreading herpes.

Genital herpes cannot be cured; the virus will always be in your body.The virus will always be in your body.The virus may remain in the body in an inactive state.

It is a known fact that patients with HSV may be shedding virus and not be aware of it.Your body can shed the virus from the skin or mucous membranes without there being any signs or symptoms of genital herpes.This is called asymptomatic shedding or viral shedding. It is possible to pass the virus on during periods of asymptomatic shedding.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that the symptoms you have described on mouth,it is possible that you have transfered the HSV virus from your penis to your mouth causing symptoms.And yes,for confirmation,you need to consult your doctor for examination & swab test & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Hi Rick,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?

Let me know,