Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

For a week, I ve been tired with weak, burning, aching muscles.

For a week, I' 've been tired with weak, burning, aching muscles. My back, in the kidney areaarea hurts very much. No fever. Could this be a kidney infection? I am a 63 yr old female.

Thank you for using JustAnswer for your concern.

Yes, it is possible that this is a kidney infection without a elevation of temperature. It may be that you missed a spike in the temp as well, as temperature do not tend to vary in intensity, and are not always felt.

It is quite common, especially as we get older, in the 30's and beyond, to get urinary tract infections, without the symptoms of burning on urination, that one might typically expect, as well.

It is very important for you to start drinking plenty of water (if you are not already) but also to go get evaluated. If your symptoms have progressed to the point that you are tired, feel a burning, and hurting, and exhaustion.

I would go ahead to ER or urgent care, as you do not want this to result in kidney damage or develop into a septicemia (blood infection) which can occur with kidney infection.

Do you have anyone to drive you, as it would not be recommended that you drive yourself.

Please reply to this post if you have further questions or concerns, so that we can be sure that you get all your concerns addressed, if they are not yet.