Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

what would cause the feeling of pins and needles in feet and

what would cause the feeling of pins and needles in feet and legs blood results power normal
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

How old is your daughter? Does she have any medical problems that she knows of?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

29 years D O B 08/11/1983 no health problems did have low B 12 after birth of daughter who is 2 blood tests showed clear

Okay and thank you for the added information.

Often times, tingling (pins & needles) in the absence of any additional health problems can be directly related to what is called radiculopathy. This arises from the nerves in the lumbar spine and they get pinched, impinged upon, irritated or damaged. Radicular symptoms simply means that the nerve(s) are sending signals out and down the leg. It is often felt anywhere from the thigh to the foot. Relieving the irritation can simply mean doing some conservative treatment for a few days (heat or ice on the low back, Advil, and resting the back)...or more drastic such as a steroid injection into that area. A physical therapist is a good resource to help her with this if this is what is the cause. Xray or MRI (and physical exam, of course) will be the hallmark test(s) for this.

Other causes for this might include what is called Peripheral Neuropathy. This is often a degenerative-type disease related to diabetes. A B12 deficiency is also the reason for some cases of leg and foot tingling.

I would have to suggest that she with her regular MD to have a physical exam and blood tests to narrow down some things.

Feel free to reply back if I can help you further.