Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I am looking for one last opinion from a certified HIV specialist, reg

I am looking for one last opinion from a certified HIV specialist, regarding my HIV test results. Bare with me, I have asked many questions online regarding these results and I am looking for a final opinion. Here are my test results:

HIV DNA by PCR: 25 days (NEGATIVE)

HIV anti-body test: 25 days (NEGATIVE)

HIV RNA (FDA approved): 40 days (NEGATIVE)

Your thoughts on the results.

Welcome and thanks for your question , I am sorry that you have not received an answered until this time I would be happy to assist and clear any doubts you have , you basically had 3 tests ,the first one the HIV DNA by PCR detects the virus in children born from mothers who are HIV positive in which an antibody test could not give accurate results specially during the first months while the mother's antibodies could be still present in the babies blood . This test is not recommended in adults.

If the results are positive in 2 different blood tests, you will need to confirm it with positives ELISA AND WESTERN BLOT TEST months later.

The HIV antibody testing has a window period of 3 to 6 months , which is the time your body could take to produce enough antibodies to be detectable if they get infected . If the results are negative in 25 days , the test is repeated in 2 more months ( 97 % of patients infected with HIV will be antibody positive at 3 months ) .

The HIV RNA testing is very accurate and foolproof ,it detects the virus particle itself in your blood . For recent HIV infected patients the test would be positive as early as 14 days and if the test is completely negative at 30 days ,this confirms you are not infected with the HIV virus . So in your case ,there is no need to be worried or concerned at all , YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV .

If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can I write you a follow up question at this point? are you available now?

Yes , I am available to help you right now.