Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

In a momentary mental lapse, I performed oral sex on a random

In a momentary mental lapse, I performed oral sex on a random girl last night. Probably lasted no more than two minutes or so, but it still happened. I am extremely worried about the chances of contracting an STD. How worried should I be? From what I can tell, I have no open sores in my mouth, so I am hoping the chances are minimal. But am I most likely safe?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Yes ideally, it is possible to get STD from oral sex. Even though it has occurred for small duration of 2 minutes, but you may be at low risk of getting STD.
The most common issues is Herpes,if she has, then you may get herpes around the mouth.The risk of hiv transmission through oral sex is estimated to be approximately 0.04 per cent per contact.
Also oral sex is regarded as a low-risk sexual activity in terms of hiv transmission. Chances of getting HIV is rare.

If you have cuts or sores in your mouth, bacteria or a virus can spread. This true even when symptoms aren’t present in your partner. As you don't have open sores in mouth, so chances of getting STD are slim or very less.
You can use a "dental dam" to perform oral sex on women.
In general chances of getting STD from such act is very less.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If I decide to get tested, when should I get it done? I assume if I got tested today, I might get a false negative.

John, A person can develop symptoms within two weeks of infection. But he may not test positive even in the presence of symptoms. It takes much longer for the tests to show Herpes as compared to the time taken by the symptoms to appear. In your case, chances of getting STD are very less.
You can get tested at this time-
HerpeSelect ELISA takes 21 days from time of exposure
Western Blot takes 40 days from time of exposure.
If you get tested today, then it can be false negative. Please get tested at least after 21 days.