Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I have a lump on my anus what should I do

Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Since how long you have this lump?
Is this lump painful?
Ever blood in stool?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1 week , It's not painfully , no blood
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you think doc
Dear Todd,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms of painless anal lump can be due to various causes.Its most common causes are hemorrhoids,anal genital wart,perianal haematoma(a tiny blood vessel will rupture and cause a leak of blood just under the skin, anorectal abscess.

The most probable cause seems to be either hemorrhoids or a genital wart.Anal wart, also known as condyloma acuminata, are small warts that can occur in the anal/rectum.These wart may go away on their own in about 10%-20% of people over a period of three to four months. Whatever the treatment, it usually takes several weeks of treatment to clear the warts. Sometimes it can take up to few months of treatment.

Your doctor may prescribe following ointments:Imiquimod (Aldara),Podophyllin , podofilox (Condylox) or Trichloroacetic acid (TCA).Your doctor may remove the wart by various procedures.

You need following tests:

-Ano-Rectal examination
-Anoscopy
-Stool examination

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Treatment may not be required.Initially it will be under observation for few weeks.If not resolved by its own,then treatment will be done accordingly as described above.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Hi JA customer,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you consulted your doctor?
What was final diagnosis made?
Was genital warts confirmed?

Let me know,
Dr.Charles