Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I feel like I have ice running through my veins. Especially,

I feel like I have ice running through my veins. Especially, when I wash my hands. It's a very strange feeling. My back has been a little achy, but this sensation is very odd. It's been going on for the past two days. I'm 41, female, and have no health issues that I'm aware of except this strange feeling of ice in my veins. Mainly my hands and wrists. Please help. I pray it's nothing serious.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Are you diabetic?
Are you suffering with any medical condition?
Have you noticed your hands turning white when put under water?
Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. XXXXX not diabetic. No medical conditions, no changes in color of my hands. It's so strange. My wrists feel cold as they touch my desk when I'm typing this. My hands are very sensitive under water especially.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for quick input.I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Sorry for the delay in answering. I was on another question. I apologize for your wait.

These symptoms can occur with a condition Raynaud's disease. The signs and symptoms depends upon the frequency, duration and severity of the blood vessel spasm. In this condition smaller arteries which supply blood to your skin becomes narrow and limit the blood circulation to affected areas.
Women are more likely to have Raynaud's disease. It results in cold hands and may feel like ice is there in veins. Such symptoms occurs due to spasm in blood vessels.
To make a diagnose, you need to undergo blood work which includes
an antinuclear antibody titer, Rheumatoid factor, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and C reactive protein test.
Also Vitamin B12 deficiency or nerve disorders may cause such symptoms.

The medications used to treat this condition, dilates or widen the blood vessels and promote circulation. Also Exercise can increase circulation. You should Avoid caffeine and reduce stress.
Medications to treat this condition are- Calcium channel blockers, Vasodilators. You need to Massage your hands, You can Make wide circles (windmills) with your arms. You should Place your hands under your armpits. You can Move to a warmer area.
I would suggest that you should see your doctor for clinical evaluation and get it managed.

Please don't get panic and follow the steps as advised in this post.

If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years