Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Ive just had a CBC with all levels within the range of "normal",

I've just had a CBC with all levels within the range of "normal", except for a 110 platelet count. With a normal RBC & WBC count, the doctor said he is not worried about Leukemia; however, what is the likelihood of lymphoma? I feel great, and from what the doctor said, I have no palpable nodes on my body (I understand that there could be swollen internal nodes). I will be having an abdominal US performed to check for spleen enlargement. Thank you!
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Are you on any medications?
Are you chronic alcoholic user ?
Have you been diagnosed with any medical condition?
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm on no medications, do not use alcohol much, and have no prior conditions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX answer to all of these is no.

Thanks for quick input.
For a healthy person normal range of platelet count in blood
150 to 400 x 10 (9) / l Having low platelet count in medical condition is called as Thrombocytopenia.
The risks of spontaneous bleeding occurs when the platelet count falls below 20000.
As RBC and WBC count has been normal, and in the absence of any physical symptoms, i would not panic for lymphoma or leukemia.
As you don't have enlarged lymph nodes, so i would not panic for lymphoma.

You should follow these home measures-
You should avoid aspirin. You should avoid alcohol intake.
Avoid all refined food stuffs including sugars, saturated fats, processed foods and grains, aerated drinks. Eat fresh and organic foods, green and leafy vegetables which help in stimulating the body’s internal mechanism and increase your platelet count.
Take cod liver oil or flax seed oils. Eat tomatoes and berries,sweet Potato . Vitamin and mineral supplements should be taken regularly.
You should take iron and folic acid supplements as well.

You should get tested for Vitamin deficiency and get ultrasound of whole abdomen for evaluation.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Josh, I wanted to run some additional info by you and see what you think... in regards to my previously asked question.

Since asked, I have had two additional CBC's completed... the first showed a 129 platelet count, and the second showed a 122 platelet count (both with regular RBC, WBC, etc). I have also had an abdominal ultrasound showing that my spleen is not enlarged; however, I do have a mildly fatty liver, with no enlargement/inflammation (all liver tests run showing normal values).

I still feel physically fine, but a bit of hypochondria has gotten the best of me. With the additional information I've provided, can I feel at ease in knowing this isnt the result of the leukemia/lymphoma? I would really like to close this out and just plan on being retested in 6 months or so to monitor both the platelet and liver deal. What do you think? Thanks again...

Dear Matthew, Thanks for coming back to justanswer.com

Platelets are important blood component that plays a role in the body’s capability of hemostasis or bleeding control.
You should get a bone marrow biopsy to see if it is making normal amount of platelets. Slight fluctuations in platelet count level can happen in healthy person too. If there is continuous decrease in levels of platelet count on repeated tests, then it is of concern and should be evaluated.
I would not panic for leukemia/ lymphoma. In the absence of any physical symptoms, chances that you have any major issue is very less.
It is good to hear that ultrasound and liver function tests have come out normal. No need to take stress, you can discuss this issue with your primary doctor.