Dr. Nitika
Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience:  General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM

I am having some severe lower back left kidney pain. Usually

Customer Question

I am having some severe lower back left kidney pain. Usually results after drinking alcohol, sweet tea, etc. Pain usually subsides after I lay down. Drinking water doesn't help. And ibuprofen does help kinda. Also, this pain is somehow related to constant yawning. I wish I knew why I yawn when the pain is present but I've researched some ideas and none of them seem to add up. Any help is appreciated
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

Do you have frequent urination?

Burning sensation and pain during urination?

Any history of trauma?

Associated nausea,vomiting?

Duration of symptoms?

Is pain severe or dull?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I have had the small temptation to vomit but I don't. I did go to the local health center about 8 months ago and with the symptoms you've listed it seems as if you are also lookin for a UTI. Which is what they diagnosed me with, I took the prescription and I still have pain today. And yes, the pain is severe in a constant
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for providing more information.

As you have history of UTI 8 months ago and now you have constant pain in left kidney area,lower back so it suggests the possibility of Renal calculi(kidney stone) which can also result in recurrent UTI if left untreated.

And Ibuprofen has provided little relief so you should continue it every 4-6 hourly in the dose of 200-400mg.

You need to make an appointment with your family doctor and further Urinalysis,Ultrasound Whole Abdomen should be done.

If pain in unbearable then it's good to visit ER for injectable antispasmodic medications,IV fluids.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.

Dr. Nitika, Doctor
Experience: General Physician experience in Medicine, Integrative, CAM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahh crap. Thanks for the help!
Expert:  Dr. Nitika replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.

Good luck.

Thanks.